1. An older remedy for asthma, that was most popular, is a syrup of Garlic, made by boiling the garlic bulbs till soft and adding an equal quantity of vinegar to the water in which they have been boiled, and then sugared and boiled down to a syrup. The syrup is then poured over the boiled garlic bulbs, which have been allowed to dry meanwhile, and kept in a jar. Each morning a bulb or two should be taken, with a spoonful of the syrup.
2. For ear infections: Wrap a small piece of garlic in some tissue, and insert it into the ear. Leave it there overnight if possible. Pain is almost immediately removed and the infection tends to start clearing up overnight. See our full article Garlic can Fight and Cure Ear Infections
3. For scratchy throats: Put a small slice of garlic in your mouth and suck on it for 10-15 minutes. You can put it between your teeth and cheek, then scratch it with your teeth a little to help stimulate juice from the garlic slice. This juice slides down your throat and removes the pain.
4. Garlic can heal the pain caused by insect bites like those of scorpions and centipedes. The juice of fresh garlic mixed with salt can be applied to bruises, sprains and ringworms.
5. At the first sign of a cold, chop up 4 cloves of raw garlic and eat or use it as a garnish in soups etc.
6. Cut raw garlic and rub the cut edge on the tooth and gums a couple of times a day to stop toothache.
7. Take fresh garlic cloves and crush them, apply to warts until they disappear.
8. Crush a clove or two onto a dessert spoon then add olive oil and down the hatch. you get the benefits of raw garlic with none of the breath issues.
9. Garlic to clear sinuses. Melt some butter and add minced garlic cloves, spread on toast and eat.
10. Garlic for herpes. Take a garlic clove and cut in half. Eat one half and take the other half and rub into the affected areas. (may sting a little)
11. Use raw garlic juice on rashes and bug bites, it stops the itching immediately.
12. 8 to 10 of garlic juice mixed with 2 TBLS of honey four times a day cures a persistent cough.
13. Garlic for tonsillitis. Peel a clove of garlic and cut them in half lengthwise. Boil for a couple of minutes in about 1.5 cup water and add a pinch of salt, teaspoon of butter, a pinch of pepper and sprinkle with nutmeg.
14. Cut a garlic clove into small pieces. Swallow them all in one go with a little water to cure bloating, stomach cramps and constipation.
15. 10 drops of garlic juice with 2 teaspoon of honey cures asthma.
I’ am a true believer in natural medicine, and home remedies. Knowledge is power ButterBugs, don’t just hold on to it, pass it along!